1. We believe that the keys to our spiritual, emotional, and physical healing are found in the Bible and lived out in relationship with God as Father, Son & Holy Spirit.
2. The Old Testament prophetically declared what Jesus would do through the work of the cross, providing salvation or healing for our spirit, soul, and body:
a. “Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses and diseases) and carried our sorrows (pains). Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement for our peace was upon Him. And by His stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:4-5)
3. Jesus Christ fulfilled Isaiah’s prophecy during His earthly ministry, demonstrating God’s first redemptive name as Jehovah Rapha, the Great Physician. (Exodus 15:26)
a. “When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: ‘He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.’” (Matthew 8:16-17)
4. Jesus remains the same to this day. He delegated His authority to His followers (Mark 16:17-18), empowered them to do the same works that He did (John 14:12-14) and commanded us to heal the sick (Matthew 10:8). On this biblical foundation, we heal the sick in Jesus’ Name.
a. “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8)
5. Every Illness, whether physical, emotional or spiritual can be healed by Jesus’ finished work on the cross.
a. “He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sickness. (Matthew 8:17)
6. Healing can be an immediate miracle, or a gradual process, but God always hears our prayers.
a. “And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. (James 5:15)
b. “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (1 Jn 5:14-15)
7. Jesus anoints us to bring healing into this world just as He did.
a. “Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. (1 Jn 4:17)
8. The enemy is the source of all disease; God is not.
a. “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (Jn 10:10)
9. The Spirit, Soul and Body are all intertwined, and may all be involved to differing degrees in the healing process.
a. “And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess 5:23)
10. Christians can be afflicted but not possessed by demons.